Monday, June 15, 2009

Moving Forward

I had a really nice talk with a good friend today :) What I took out of this conversation is that at the end of the day, no matter what choice you make as a person, it's all for moving forward in life - regardless of whether you choose Path A or Path B or even Path C. Even if it fails, it's still alright. Why? Because at least you're moving, which is always better than standing still.

So that's what I try to do everyday - just to move. And it's a challenge for me because I'm not always the fastest runner in the herd or even the most aggressive. But I have to remind myself that whether it's making new friends, working on concepts, becoming more business savvy, or feeling stronger and more confident about myself - it's all about moving forward from the spot I'm standing in, or else I won't improve. I might fall many times (perhaps even flat on my face), but I'll just have to pick myself up, dust myself off and try again. Otherwise I'll never be the better photographer, daughter, sister, friend and person that I want to be.

No comments: