Sunday, June 7, 2009

I <3 Tara McPherson

Okay, this post was a long time coming! Several weeks ago, I went to see Tara McPherson's show curated by Magic Pony on Queen at the Narwhal Art Projects. It was my first time actually seeing her work, and it didn't disappoint.

Her style is a mixture of the surreal and cute - fits right along the lines of the stuff I like :) She's probably best known for her seductive, bizarre and innocent girls - and Mr. Wiggles.



My favourite piece from the show: A Halloween Portrait


Even though all the prints that I wanted were sold out (bah!! darn her popularity! haha), I left with a little momento - meet my little Vampire Boy (yes, the same one from the Hallowe'en Portrait):

***hurray, it's another little figurine to add to my toy collection :P hehehehe.....

Hopefully I'll be able to make the upcoming Junko Mizuno show. It'll be awesome to finally see her work in person after only seeing them in print. Good times. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

gah...Y_Y are the reception day is always the day we had to work T-T....:P -LC'

Anonymous said...

gah...Y_Y the reception day always has to be the day we had to work T-T....:P -LC'

Serena S. said...

i know :((( same as the kozyndan show! we'll make it down on the weekend sometime then.