Saturday, January 30, 2010

CUTMR

Last week, my friend E & I were invited to check out a friend's installation (you can check out their progress on their blog) at the Gladstone Hotel, Come Up To My Room.

I can tell you that it was one of the best art shows I've been to in a looong time! Each room & installation piece had a strong vision with excellent execution. I don't always leave an art event feeling engaged and conceptually satisfied, so I was quite pleased. Well done :)

I also bumped into a few familiar faces that I haven't seen for a while, which was an extra bonus! It's like the cherry on top of a sundae ;) Overall, it was a great day!!!

Here are some of my favourite works from the show:

Undertaking Acquisition - Chronicles of Our Time
(Maggie Greyson, Christine Lieu, Phoebe Lo)


A Piece of the Pie
(Edward Lin, Kira Varvanina)


Untitled
(Jamie Webster, Berkeley Poole)

Untitled
(Lisa Keophila, Jon Margono, Fiona Lim Tung, Kristen Lim Tung)

Can You Remember My Dream?
(Julia Hepburn)


The night ended with some good eats (nom nom nom!) and a super bargain on vintage sherry glasses (not shown):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME 1st SHOW in 2010
AWESOME PPL! :D
YAY'!!!!! -E

Kyle said...

It was great bumping into you.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the show. It has been far too long since I've seen such consistently good execution and so many good ideas in one place. Quality of this level is a rare thing in the TO art scene these days.