Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stacyan & Gordon Wedding (07.04.09)

***warning: huge photo post ahead!****

I had the honour of documenting the union of Stacyan & Gordon this past Saturday! I was referred to them by Ohad, whose lovely wedding I photographed last year to my friend Cheryl :) Thanks guys for introducing me to your awesome friends!

Stacy & Gordon met 5 years ago and even though a part of their relationship was spent long distance, it never dampened their love for one another. They married at Pickering Museum Village, which was such a beautiful and quiet location. I was really worried that it might rain that day, but instead we got a day full of sunshine. A lot of sunshine actually - hot, beaming, sweat inducing sunshine!! Hahaha! It was all good though - people came prepared with umbrellas :P


The ceremony began with the cutest ring bearer & flower girl:

Stacy said she wasn't one to cry, but she couldn't hold back tears as her Dad walked her down the aisle:

Pastor Gary and his lovely wife officiating the ceremony:



The blessing of the rings:

And Jumping the Broom (one of my favourite shots of the day!!):


It's not official until it's sealed with a kiss (they got to do that twice ;P):

We were running a bit behind in schedule for the portraits, but Stacy & Gordon were great sports and let me do my thing ;) Even though Gord said he felt nervous in front of the camera, I think he's a natural and got some great shots! There were so many images to choose from, I just couldn't narrow them down:




Another one of my favourite shots of the day:

Ooh, and another:

Some beautiful details taken at the reception at Dynasty Cuisine:



Okay, are these two not the cutest?!? Yah, I thought so too ;)

I wasn't booked to shoot the entire reception, but things were running a bit late and they asked me to stick around for their First Dance. I'm so glad I did:

Thanks Stacy & Gord for being sooooo awesome to work with!! I really loved capturing each moment for you guys. I can't wait to add photos and bring great memories to your future little house :)

8 comments:

Juby said...

Beautiful photos Serena! The day was so amazing and you did a fabulous job!

Unknown said...

Wow! You do amazing work Serena. I must admit that you did have good subjects:)

Stacy & Gord

Serena S. said...

I can't argue there - I did have a pretty hot couple to shoot ;)

Racquel G. S. said...

Amazing photos! Capture such a spirit!

Anonymous said...

great job auntie so!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful photo

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful photo aunty Stacy and uncle Gord. love Davaughan

mackyton said...

Beautiful venue and stunning decorations! I really loved the wedding setup. My cousin’s wedding is next month so we’ve been very busy with the preparations. We are also planning a lovely ceremony at one of the outdoor NYC venues. I hope the event will be just as lovely as the wedding seems in the picture.