Monday, May 4, 2009

Donkey Sanctuary of Canada

I took a trip to the Donkey Sanctuary this weekend with my best friend. It's a 100 acre farm in Guelph where its become home to over 100 donkeys; some were abused and neglected, others were left in the sanctuary's care after their owners couldn't care for them anymore. All the donkeys, mules and sheep are allowed to roam freely around the property where they will spend the rest of life in peace :) It really is a beautiful place and it was a great opportunity to go, especially since they were looking for photographers to take photos for them ;)

I still have lots of images to edit for the farm, but here are some of the few snapshots I got from the P&S when I got tired of lugging around my gear. Haha, I became quite an attraction for the donkeys there with my huge red camera bag - well, particularly my camera bag. I guess they all thought it was something cool to nibble on. 

After a few hours at the farm, I couldn't help but fall a little in love with this particular donkey that I was grooming. So me & L became her sponsor :) Meet Abigail (Abbey for short). She's the sweetest thing, and who knew she was a mommy already? I didn't get to meet her child, but the next time I go, I'll make it a point to find her. 

This is Abigail after grooming - she looks like she's about to take a nap! All the donkeys seem to love the grooming, and who wouldn't? I'm excited to make another trip out there soon :)

If you're interested, you should check out their annual Donkey Day and give the donkeys some love! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw~~~~ :):):):)
donkey boi....hahhaaa xD -LC'

Serena S. said...

hahhaah....donkey boy indeed. yum. hahhahaha