Sunday, May 24, 2009

Christina & Leslie Wedding (05.16.09)

This blog post was long overdue I realize (sorry!!), but I hope it was worth the wait because I'm just warning you people, this is a MASSIVE post ahead. I couldn't help it this time, there were just so many images I wanted to blog :) But maybe because it's my cousin's wedding, so I'm a bit bias ;P

Now I haven't seen my cousin Christina in quite some time now, but when I was asked by my family in Montreal to help photograph her wedding here in Toronto, I was more than happy to! :) Even though she had already hired another fabulous photographer Joee Wong (who's such a great guy!), I was thrilled to play a small part of her wonderful day.

To be honest, the weather that day wasn't all that perfect - it rained a lot. And I mean a lot. But that didn't damper their spirits one bit!  They got married at The County Club underneath a beautiful chuppa in front of all their family and friends.

Leslie waiting anxiously for his bride to come down the aisle:

Okay, how cute is the flower girl?? I think I took a bazillion pictures of her that day! Yes, I think a bazillion...haha...

My gorgeous cousin coming down the aisle with her father:



Now becoming husband and wife:

Okay, I have to explain the next photo and why I think it's completely awesome and totally Christina! It was kind of hot in the room where they got married, so I think Christina's fingers started to swell a tiny bit. When it came time for Leslie to put on her wedding ring, it wouldn't fit!! So this is Christina trying to put the ring on her finger, all the while going "Get itttt! Get ittttttt!!! Getttt!!!!!" She just couldn't wait to be Leslie's wife, and I couldn't stop laughing at her enthusiasm the entire time!

Christina hamming it up for the photogs:


Christina's older brother, Eric:

Notice the umbrella? Like I said, it rained a lot, but that didn't stop everyone from having a great time :)

They held their reception at the Paramount Conference & Event Venue, which was honestly, my first time being there. Holy WOW, what a venue!!! It was absolutely gorgeous inside and I couldn't stop taking photos! 



Hands down, probably one of the best 'first dance' routines I've seen in like....ever. I couldn't tell you how many hours it must have taken them to nail that routine, but it sure paid off :)



A sweet moment during the father/daughter & mother/son dance:


Christina's younger brother Brian working the crowd for his impromptu break dance, courtesy of Eric (hahaha), but he totally rocked it!!! (you'll have to click on the image to see the larger photo):

And I'll end this post with my most favourite image of the night. What can I say, I love me a little lens flare, and more importantly two people in love :)

Christina & Leslie, thanks for letting me capture some of your beautiful moments. I hope you had a great time in Vegas, baby! ;D

2 comments:

Lezley Davidson said...

Awwww - so beautiful *tears*.

Anonymous said...

i luv the dancing scene ^^~ -LC'