Tuesday, May 26, 2009

CONTACT @ Gladstone Hotel

Two weeks ago, I went downtown to check out the CONTACT Photography Festival at the Gladstone Hotel with a couple of friends. This year, Still Revolution was the theme and I had to check out how photographers took that theme and ran with it @ the Gladstone. Partly because I've never been there before (it's a really cool place and I would LOVE a chance to shoot there one day!), but mainly because I was there to support my friends who were exhibiting their photos :D I couldn't be more proud of them and I was blown away by their work! 

While I was there, I bumped into my friend Matt, an exhibitor, (Hi Matt! I don't think you read this blog, but oh well...) and it was really great to see his completed works after all the bumps that happened along the way; the finished pieces were just awesome :D

Matt Fung:

Adrian Smith:

Bill Self
They all have more work than the one piece I'm showcasing here, so if you have time, please check them out!!! I've been going to CONTACT for a number of years now and honestly, this venue has one of the best exhibits I've seen to date. 

There was another show Exposed: Innovation, Transformation, Revolution that was playing on the top floors and it was so neat! It was mostly video, but wow...you just have to go to really understand what I mean :)

CONTACT runs until May 31st, so if you don't have plans this weekend, definitely try to check out the exhibits. They're all over Toronto, so there's tons to see!

No comments: