Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hotpot Birthday

It's my Dad's birthday today! I'm not going to disclose how old he is this year, but he's another year older ;) We celebrated prematurely last night with hotpot at iCookBuffet. It was probably one of the coldest nights we've had so far, so it was a fitting dinner. 



It was my first time going to iCook, and it's a bit different from the traditional hotpot or shabu shabu restaurants. You basically have one large plate that you use to pick your own raw food & vegetables at a buffet, which you bring back to your table and cook in your own soup base. The food was okay, but I probably sat in the worst spot ever (I got to face the door where the cold drafts would waft in - in my direction I might add). So I had a cold air and steam facial pretty much the entire time I ate.


I got an interesting fortune cookie out of the whole experience though. We'll see whether it'll happen :)


1 comment:

tanyapotter said...

You should play those numbers in the lottery. Maybe that will add to your success in business... You will be able to fund the Coffee Shop venture!