Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sue & Derek Engagement


What can I say about this couple? Besides the obvious fact that pretty awesome and super fun, Sue and Derek are really forgiving too (well, particularly Sue...haha, more on this later).

I shot Sue and Derek's engagement session a few weeks ago on a beautiful Sunday (which I was so thankful for, since the weather played some weird Jedi mind tricks that month). We decided to hit up two different locations for their shoot: one being urban (Derek's an urban planner) & the other being somewhere in nature + a playground (Sue's an elementary school teacher).

My friend Dave came out once again to help shoot :) My shot (L), Dave's shot (R):


Sue was initially quite shy to be affectionate in public, so what did I do? Offered her some tough love and got her to show a little PDA in a very public place. Haha! She got over her nerves pretty quick after that. Love you Sue!

My shot:

Dave's shot:

During the shoot, I took Sue & Derek into one of my favourite Japanese stores, cubeshops:



I love it ;)


Haha, okay, remember how I said that they were a forgiving couple? Sue in particular? Well...after a quick change, we headed to the beach for some natural + playground shots. I suggested that we get some photos at this beach (that was also a dog park). Sue happens to be afraid of dogs. Wait. Oh. Crap. But Sue toughed it out for me! Thanks guys, you rock!

Dave took this next amazing shot! Love, love, love:



D's shot (L), my shot (R):


Derek having some fun:


My favourite shot of the day:


I leave you with this series. Derek, you make me smile :) And obviously you make Sue do the same:


Sue & Derek, I can't wait until your wedding next month!!! See you soon :)

No comments: