Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WFF


I've been a huge fan of WongFuProductions for a long time now; I'm sure some of you might have received links to "Yellow Fever" and "Poser!" from me in the past. What can I say, they make good stuff :P

But their recent video by Wesley Chan is breath-taking. Each frame could be a photo, and it's so wonderfully composed. The concept is about a relationship of love and loss, of longing and waiting; feelings that everyone in their life has probably felt at least once before. The interesting part is that these emotions are expressed through 5 everyday objects.

Watching videos like "When Five Fell" inspire and challenge me to go and view the world from a different perspective, from another angle.

I hope it does the same for you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Also a fan of Wong Fu Productions too. Can't wait to see them in-person in my former high school in a few weeks!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=118662361494245&ref=ts

-Jonathan Mok

PS: I'm a cousin of Tina who attended Tina and Eric's wedding. Stumbled into your blog as my mom who couldn't come but wanted to see the wedding photos. You're a wonderful photographer and your pictures are incredible!

Kyle Clements said...

That video was incredible.
It makes me wish I were rich so I could pick up a 5D mkII and shoot beautiful stuff like this.

The words were fantastic, the visual metaphors, the expressions, everything. just, wow.

These guys have a new fan.