Friday, August 7, 2009

Iris & Marcelo Wedding (08.01.09)

During the long weekend, I shot a beautiful & intimate wedding for the two most fun, easy-going and down-to-earth people I know :) During our first meeting, they made me feel like I was one of their closest friends and I could already tell they were fantastic people. Seriously when a bride tells me that she hates posed pictures because she's "allergic to cheese" - ahhh, right then I knew the wedding would be awesome & they were a couple after my own photographic heart ;)

Surrounded by their closest friends and family, Iris & Marcelo were married at Oakview Terrace (a tiny dream of a location!):

The handsome groom - Marcelo, you're such a ham:

Iris, you're stunning:


Iris walking down the aisle with her Dad:

Marcelo sneaking a peek at his bride for the first time (love, love, love):



OMG, I haven't been to a wedding where there were so many babies present! Cute-gasm all over the place:

I adore this next shot that J took:


I was joking with Marcelo that I should call him 'Soulja Boy' because he was kind of stiff when it came to portrait time. Haha! But once he loosened up, it was easy peasy from there.

My favourite portrait of the day:



All the flowers at the ceremony & reception (Regal 16 Chinese Restaurant) were lovingly made by Iris' sister-in-law Jane. Seriously, are you kidding me with this gorgeousness:

Marcelo's from Brazil, Iris' from Canada = a perfect cake:

I have to say that Iris' family is such a blast to photograph! I couldn't stop laughing all night:

Iris & Marcelo, thank you for letting me create these memories for you. I hope you guys have a great time in Brazil in December. I'm so jealous! ;P
Funny story:
Iris & Marcelo were referred to me by Cheryl (a previous bride & friend). I knew that she worked at a school, but at which one? I never asked. She didn't know where I worked either.

Anyways, I deal with teachers on occasion at work and over the years, some have become great friends :) One day, one of those teachers asked me whether I was shooting the wedding of one of her colleagues - her colleague being Iris. Whaaaaaat?? Evidently, Cheryl was their budget secretary - this mystery budget secretary that I've been hearing about and giving me PO's to use!! Whhhhhaaaat??? And apparently, Cheryl had seen my name sticky-noted (yes, I totally made that word up) somewhere at the office before but never really too thought much of it. 1 + 1 clicked and huhhhh! Small world, right? ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - stunning pictures! They are amazing and captured a beautiful day. Well done!

The Proverbs 31 Woman said...

I love all of these pictures of the wedding. You do beautiful work.

Marlon said...

Beautiful pics! That must have been a simply wonderful wedding.

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos all around! Gorgeousness! Bravo!! *bows at such divine talent*