Sunday, April 4, 2010

Tina & Eric's Desert Engagement


Call me Bond, James Bond.

That was the inspiration for Tina & Eric's engagement shoot ;) Since we were going to have this shoot in Vegas, Tina didn't want to do just another ordinary portrait session around the Strip. I immediately agreed, and off we went brainstorming some wild concepts! What we came up with was one of the most exciting ideas I've had the pleasure of executing :D

The engagement session took place the day before the wedding, which allowed Tina & Eric to really go all out for this shoot. Tina even had a custom dress made for these pictures! Isn't it gorgeous?

We had wanted to shoot somewhere in the desert, so Jason & I scouted the Jean Dry Lake Bed (which was absolutely breathtaking) just 45 minutes away from Vegas. This is definitely somewhere any photographer should make a point of visiting if they're ever in Las Vegas...seriously.

So with 1 rental car (along w/flying hubcaps) + 2 photographers + 1 stylin' couple + 1 dry lake bed + lots of wind + gorgeous light = 1 unforgettable experience!!




Love this shot that J took. Definitely has a James Bond feel:


We found this abandoned mattress in the middle of the desert; it made for a really cool prop:



As you can tell, we really were in the middle of nowhere! It was just miles of jaw-dropping desert. I'll definitely make another trip out there whenever I find myself back in Vegas :)


Eric wanted to have a little fun and sling his girl over his shoulder - RAWR! The one thing I like about shooting with another photographer is the 2 different perspectives you get of the same moment (right/J, left/me):




One of the last shots of the evening. It started to get really cold at this point; soon after we made a mad dash down the hill and headed back into the city.

I love the lights from the trucks in the background (my view):


J's view:

Tina, Eric - you two were absolute troopers! Thanks for letting us play in the desert with you (despite the freezing temperatures and high winds)!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

These photos make me wish that I were engaged, so I could have you shoot some wonderful photos like this for me.

Jay Hsiang Studio said...

the chucks! haha classic!