Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Familiar - Part Deux



In my first post, I mentioned that the kitchen was a meeting place for my family to go chit chat about our day. Well, the kitchen just so happens to be the place where we eat! Duh. What better way to document something familiar to me, than to take photos of my weekend lunch :) Mmmm...spicy ramen (with an egg added in for good measure!) Spicy MSG noodles + soft boiled egg = one happy stomach :D

I managed to take a before & after shot for your viewing pleasure. Trust me, the before shot was not easy for me to take, as I was uber hungry :P 

A friend also mentioned that I used a Japanese spoon vs. a Chinese one to eat ramen with. I'm telling you, the Japanese sure know how to create awesome utensils. Did you ever run into the problem of having your spoon fall into your noodle bowl? Well, I did and it sucked. Imagine having to fish that thing out with your chopsticks. Soup & noodles flying all over the place...not a pretty picture :( Well, extend the spoon handle and add a hook = problem solved!!! Go figure. My ramen eating experience has never been a problem ever again :)

Bon appetit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

truthfully, i've never lost my chinese spoon in a bowl of soup... but have you tried the new asian gourmet that is where manchu wok used to be. i had this noodle thing with chicken and vegetables... one part onion, one part green peppers and one part red peppers... probably would have been good, if i liked peppers. pretty chopsticks btw. i have one!